Saturday 2 July 2016

Home

My trip back home was interesting. Since the million steps down and the 999999 steps back up from the white water rafting experience, my legs stopped working and the pain stopped my knees from behaving normally. The outcome of this was I was walking like I had cerebral palsy or spina bifida - not an act, I just couldn't bend my knees and often found myself falling over nothing standing still. Taking steps up or down was excruciating - I no longer have the knees of the woman I was - I now have the knees of a much older sicker person.

I was very interested to notice how I was treated by the Garuda staff and other travelers. People still pushed past me - walked in front of me causing me to suddenly stop and grip the wall. The flight staff talked to me like I was an idiot. So I thought that was interesting.

The flight was torture.... just as I would fall asleep, literally just fell off to sleep, BEEP BEEP, some crazy person called the airline stewards and the lights would blaze down - and everytime it happened I said "Whaaa??!" This may have been an incentive.

Then my least favourite thing in the world to do... waiting for my bags to come off the plane. I hate that.
Of course the facial recognition software at customs never recognizes me, so there was lots of standing... then..... because I filled in my customs card with care and declared my wooden stuff, the guy says "no I don't want to look at it, just tell me".

Then he wanted to look at my shoes. (?)

Then I was free to go home at last.

Daph has not left my side since I got back.
She just keep purring.

Great to be home - I think the 12 days was slightly too long. But I'm still keen to go over seas next year - but I might need to give Bali a break. USA or Europe? Let's see if I can get the $$$ together.

Signing off
Vic Farrell's obsession with Bali is now terminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment